Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
At Talycopa we are proud to have achieved the Eco-Schools Green Flag award. Our Eco- Warriors are now bravely attempting to gain Platinum status! (4th Green Flag). So we need everyone's help this year! Mrs Thomas (Year 4) runs meetings to help the children plan on Tuesday lunch time. The eight topics the children work on are:
- Waste Management
- Healthy Living
- Global Citizenship
- School Grounds
The children vote for the committee members and a chairperson and secretary are then voted in. Mike, our caretaker, has joined us too and we are, of course, supported by Miss Knight. We complete an environmental survey and the children create an action plan. They then monitor and evaluate progress. The children created an Eco-Code ( a rap actually) and are responsible for informing the school and community of our aims.
How can you help?
- Sending in used ink cartridges & old mobile phones to recycle
- Encourage children to walk and cycle more
- Save water, use less packaging & plastic as much as you can
- Consider Fair Trade products and research the cause
- Switch off appliances as often as you can